Tuesday 5 November 2013

Mzondi Lungu’s exclusive interview with ProfessionalClick

‘It’s been great in Malawi’, read Mzondi Lungu’s exclusive interview with ProfessionalClick.com

Hi Mzondi Lungu, you’ve been in Malawi for three days, how has it been so far?

So far it’s been great, enjoying my time, enjoying the people and without a doubt enjoying the show.

Could you tell us about your first album ‘I like my Father’?

The funny thing is that it’s actually not my first album – that album isn’t legitimate to me. It was something someone put together.

I asked about the album because I was going to ask about the comparisons between you and your late Father. Do people always bring it up?

Yes of course, they do that but really, what greater person would you want to be compared to?

Your style of music, what would you define it as?

Eclectic.

You are about to go on stage to perform to thousands of Malawians, how do you feel about your first performance at the Mzuzu.

I’m looking forward to it; it’s my first time in Malawi. I’m looking forward to the energy, to the crowd, looking forward to enjoying myself.

 Growing up, were you a fan of Fela’s music?

I didn’t learn about Fela when I was young but I did later on. I was raised in the states so I wasn’t really raised hearing Fela music but once I got a little older and started to travel and learnt more about him and we just got drawn into his music.

Can you tell us what to expect from your upcoming ‘Revolution of an Evolution’?

It’s going to be something special. It’s a two disc album; one is Dance meets Hip-Hop while the other one is like Roots-Reggae meets World Music.

0 comments:

Post a Comment